There’s a chill in the air, October is here! At Explore and More we are celebrating October with so many fun classes. Our Pre-K class Explore Even More and our Toddler Time class will be on the 21st with fun Halloween activities and trick-or-treating! Wizards from Wonderland Character Entertainment are visiting the museum on the 22nd for a magical themed STEAM class. The whole museum will be celebrating Spooktacular with crazy Halloween activities the 25th – 29th, and The Salem Sisters from Wonderland Character Entertainment will be visiting the museum on the 28th and 29th. Be sure to pre-register for our special classes, you don’t want to miss out!
With all that in mind, let’s pretend to be witches, wizards, or ghouls and paint a spooky cauldron work of art. You can make this as complicated or as easy as you want. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
- Cauldron PDF, printed
- Paint brush
- Cotton balls
- Print out this nifty Cauldron template; you don’t need it but it helps!
- Begin painting- I used a lot of layers to make my painting extra beautiful.
- Layer along with me if you’d like: purple, blue, then very diluted black.
- Put a circle in your cauldron for the opening.
- Paint in your cauldron.
- Paint the ground.
- Add some colorful steam rising out of your cauldron.
- Add any additional layering- I added some spooky trees.
- Add glue onto the steam and inside of the cauldron.
- Disperse your cotton balls as needed- I only used half of one.
Voila! What a spooky masterpiece!