Explore & More Children’s Museum depends on the generous philanthropy of its donors to help fund programs designed to achieve its mission and it is imperative that donors and perspective donors have full confidence and trust that Explore & More will respect and protect their privacy.
Explore & More will not disclose the identity of its donors or the details of donor contributions of those donors wishing to remain anonymous. Nor will it sell, trade, or share any personal information regarding its donors without prior written permission from the donor.
Donors shall have the following rights:
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are employees of the organization, volunteers, or hired solicitors
- If requested, to be informed how the organization intends to use unrestricted funds
- To be given the names of Explore & More’s Board of Directors and be assured of their commitment to this policy
- If requested, to be directed to Explore & More’s financial summary
- To receive proper acknowledgement and recognition of donations for tax purposes
- To receive prompt, courteous, and truthful answers to all questions before or after making a donation
Information collected includes name, contact information, if provided, and donation information. The information is being used for payment processing, acknowledgements, internal marketing and evaluation of donor trends. All credit card information is processed in the finance department and is immediately destroyed after a charge is made.
If a breach in security is discovered, immediate action will be taken to shut down any further breach and all affected parties will be notified. Internal investigation will follow to find out what happened in order to avoid any future occurrences.
Donors may contact Explore and More at 716-655-5131 or firstname.lastname@example.org to review personal information collected, request corrections or for any information regarding protection of personal information.