Explore & More – The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Children’s Museum is delighted to bring the truck loving action to Canalside for a whole new way to play at Touch A Truck presented by M&T Bank from 10 am to 4 pm, Sunday June 9th. The fun outdoors at Canalside may end at 4 pm, but our museum is open until 6 pm!
Children and the young at heart can come together to share their love of all things truck and get up close with more than 40 construction, emergency, utility and specialty vehicles to explore along the boardwalk at Buffalo’s Waterfront, with many activities being free. Children will get an opportunity to climb in, on and around these giant vehicles, typically only seen from a distance, along with myriad outdoor and indoor hands-on activities for the whole family to explore.
Free outdoor activities across Canalside include:
- Over 40 construction, utility, emergency vehicles to explore
- Fit and Fun with the BlueCross BlueShield Healthy Zone Cruiser
- Weather Wonder with Andy Parker from WKBW / Channel 7
- Special guest appearances by Sabretooth and the Superhero Alliance of WNY
Additional outside activities include:
- A Derby Car Tent – a favorite Touch A Truck activity for $2 to build and decorate your own mini derby car
- A VIP (Very Important Player!) tent that will include the following for a $5 donation to Explore & More:
- Bounce houses
- Imagination Playground
- Theater of Youth
- Buffalo & Erie County Public Library Storytime
- And much more!
For even more hands-on trucking activities, the fun continues inside the museum for $15 general admission/$4 members with tickets purchased in advance at exploreandmore.org. Inside visitors can explore and play across three different educational activity studios and seven play zones to participate in hands-on activities that are all about trucks.
Inside museum activities at various times throughout the day will include:
- Art Studio – Cardboard car decoration and car painting
- Cooking Galley – Snacks on the go
- Tinkering Tank – Milk carton cars
- Moving Water – Make a paper boat
- Being Good Neighbors – Trucks around the world
- Playing Together – Mascot visits
- Lighting Buffalo’s Imagination – Alternative Energy Vehicles
- Building Buffalo – Kid K’NEX Building Vehicles
- Farm to Fork – Upstate Farms, Magic Milk Man
- Face Painting
- Wonderland Characters
- Sensory friendly activities coordinated by our Access & Inclusion Specialist with call ahead accommodations available through firstname.lastname@example.org.
“We are so excited to be bringing Touch A Truck to Canalside as we simultaneously welcome everyone to our new world-class museum,” said Event Co-Chair Sam Savarino, who has run this event for several years along with his daughter Event Co-Chair Julia Spitz. “We have trucks, trucks and more trucks, with activities all over the museum inside and out. There is more to see, do and explore than ever before.”
This year’s Touch a Truck event is being presented by M&T Bank and supported by NFTA, offering many free activities throughout Canalside, including the chance to explore and climb in, on and around over 40 trucks. All proceeds support operations at the all-new Explore & More – The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Children’s Museum.
also supported by:
fire truck sponsors:
big rig sponsors:
EduKids Early Childhood Centers
University Pediatric Dentistry
BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York
USI Insurance Services
Doodle Bugs! Children’s Learning Academy
Fairway Floor Covering
Perry’s Ice Cream Co Inc.
Modern Disposal Services
OSC Charitable Foundation
Life Safety Integrated Systems Incorporated