Explore & More turns 3 years old this year and we can’t wait to celebrate with you! Join us for a fun-filled, week-long celebration throughout the museum with birthday activities and fun for the whole family.
- June 25th, 10-11:30 AM – Join Rapunzel and celebrate the best day ever! Explore and More is turning 3, so we are celebrating with cupcake decorating, crafts, and storytime! Rapunzel will provide encouragement, tips, and tricks as you decorate your own cupcake with delicious frosting and dazzling sprinkles, as well as engaging crafts and interactive storytime, brought to you by Wonderland Character Entertainment. Space is limited, must pre-register here.
- June 27th, 11 AM – 1 PM free with admission – The Aquarium of Niagara is onsite to share in the birthday shell-abration for Explore and More! Come see the diversity of shells found on Earth, meet a live shell mover and maker, and stick around to make your own shell craft. We will show how shells grow each year, just like Explore and More!
- June 27th, 11 AM – 2 PM, free with admission – Head to the Tinkering Tank for a DIY seed packet activity with the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens. Families can decorate the packet and create their own signature seed mix.
- June 27th, & July 1st, 11 AM – 1 PM, free with admission – NOCO will be bringing a junior. insect biologist on site so we can learn about how to make sustainability fun through hands on activities!
- June 29th 12 PM – 3 PM, free with admission – Get your face painted by Linda in the Cooking Galley!
- June 30th, 10 AM – 4 PM, free with admission – Every visitor will receive a coupon for a free scoop of Perry’s ice cream – Birthday Bash or Piece of Cake Flavor! Head to the Low Bridge Cafe to redeem.
- July 1st, free with admission 1 – 4 PM – Visitors will have an opportunity to make birthday buttons and magnets with the help of the Burchfield Penney Art Center. We’ll have plenty of materials for button making, however, if you have a special birthday picture that you would like to make into a button, bring it along!
- July 2nd, 11 AM – 1 PM, free with admission – Get moving and stretching with Kidding Around Yoga as we participate in some Birthday themed yoga classes, on the Rooftop Terrace, weather permitting.
Throughout the week we’ll also celebrate with various ongoing activities:
- Scavenger Hunt – Receive a scavenger hunt passport and then look for the clues throughout the museum! When you find all of them, receive a special prize!
- Art Studio – We’re decorating birthday crowns.
- Tinkering Tank – Get those wheels turning as we create pom pom launchers.
- Mobile Fun Unit – It isn’t a birthday party without a piñata- now you can create your very own!
- Tree House – We’re learning about how other cultures from around the world celebrate their birthdays with special story times.
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors for helping us celebrate:
Rich Products – Presenting Sponsor
NOCO – Sustainability Sponsor
KeyBank – Activity Sponsor