External Relations Manager
POSITION REPORTS TO
Chief Executive Officer
The External Relations Manager is responsible for managing, and successfully implementing the Explore & More Development plan. Responsibilities focus on annual operational fundraising to include: Grant writing, contract support, special events, annual giving and donor relations.
- Work with the CEO to create and implement a comprehensive, results-oriented development plan for the museum’s operational fundraising.
- Work with CEO to communicate the museums vision and mission to potential funders.
- Plan and implement funding of programs, exhibit experiences and operations through corporate and foundation support and government grants.
- Establish development tools for timely acknowledgements, and on-going communication the exceeds donor expectations.
- Oversee the implementation for special fundraising events with attention to volunteers and increased corporate sponsorships. Oversee staff involvement in special events.
- Collaborate with staff to develop effective donor communication tools to ensure that development efforts are fully integrated into websites, social media and other communications.
- Support the development of a meaningful, actionable strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Marketing, Communications.
- 7+ years’ of Development or sales experience with demonstrated success in establishing and meeting development goals.
- Capital campaign and/or soliciting and securing major gifts from individuals/corporation/foundations required.
- Must be organized, efficient, able to meet ambitious fundraising goals.
- Please email cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to:Meghan Ladolcetta -email@example.comExplore & More-Ralph C. Wilson Children’s Museum300 Gleed Avenue, East Aurora NY 14052